What is Yoga?
More than just a normal yoga class, this course is a thorough and deep exploration of the roots of what Yoga truly is…
It is an invitation to realise the true essence of Who you are – the transformation that happens on discovering all the gifts and qualities that usually lie hidden beyond our awareness.
Yoga is a wealth of knowledge and techniques that can become a way of living – bringing harmony and peace on each level of your being: the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
The course provides shifts in perspective both on yourself and on the universe around you, bringing inspiration not only to discover but to live your highest potential – and to thrive!
The Yoga course teaches many things, such as:
- How to direct your inner resources wisely and efficiently. A yogi is able to consciously choose which qualities to energise, such as mental focus, creativity or love, and to use them for achieving higher goals.
- To ask the fundamental questions of life such as, ‘Where do I come from?’, ‘What is the purpose of my life?’ and, ‘Who am I?’, to gain a higher perspective on life, and to live with meaning.
- To become aware of your true nature, and understand the lessons that life offers in every moment.
- To nurture your own inner sanctuary that always remains, regardless of outer circumstances.
- To discover the mechanisms behind all phenomena of the universe.
This course is suitable for adults and teenagers over the age of 18
Yoga is the journeyThe Bhagavad Gita
of the self, through the self, to the Self.
Who is it for?
People who want to overcome the challenges in their life in order to realise their full potential. Who wish to learn the techniques that have been revealed by ancient, secret lineages, and to experience how these practices can benefit all aspects of their life.
People who are keen to put into practice what they learn. You will be fully guided in your practice – and by enthusiastically applying the teachings you can gain long-lasting, life-transforming effects and spiritual evolution.
People who wish to find their inner balance and peace to thrive in life. This could be from many different angles, such as physical harmony i.e. health and wellbeing, relieving stress, and finding more happiness and fulfilment. When an inner balance can be maintained, it permeates into all activities and choices, and perspectives on life.
What you will learn
- Subtle anatomy and principles
Mapping the human energetic system: the five bodies and chakra system. The Principle of Resonance and Polarity
- Asanas, mudras and bandhas
Hatha Yoga practice. Details about each asana and technique, including health benefits, counter-indications and effects on the subtle structures.
- Purification techniques and diet
Kriyas and other purification techniques, the benefits of vegetarian and vegan diets
- Yogic morality and ethics
The Yamas and Niyamas, healthy lifestyle
- Meditation and mental hygiene
Laya Yoga, Shambavi Mudra, Yoga Nidra, overcoming obstacles in meditation
- More advanced asanas
Hatha Yoga practice. Details about each technique such as: health benefits, counter-indications and effects on subtle structures
- Yoga philosophy
the Gunas and how to work with them
- Mahavidya yoga
introduction to Mahavidya yoga and the Great Cosmic Power Kali
prana, physical and subtle details about full yogic breathing (pranayama)
- Purification techniques
for both the physical body and subtle structures
- Subtle colours
study of the subtle colours and how to work with them
As the Integral Esoteric Yoga course continues, you will:
- Continue exploring Mahavidya yoga with the remaining Great Cosmic Powers.
- Study different yogic principles and laws, such as the law of suggestion, the laws of consciousness and the law of perfect realisation
- Continue learning many advanced yoga techniques such as the five volitive actions, the inner glance, advanced asanas and pranayama, methods for revealing past lives, purification techniques and yogic diets, astral projection, techniques to awaken clairvoyance and intuition, and bija mantras for chakras
- Explore ancient initiations from the Tibetan traditions such as Kalachakra, Phowa and the Five Dhyani Buddhas
- Take a deep dive into Svara Yoga, understanding the unfolding of creation, the cyclic nature of life, and how to harmonise your life by acting in accordance with those natural cycles
- Be given insights into Esoteric Astrology through which we can understand the nature of the soul
- Learn Meridian Yoga, using asanas, acupressure points and other methods, to achieve wellbeing, healing and spiritual effects
- Study Angelic hierarchies and techniques for healing, guidance and communion with angels
What a class looks like
Theory: Presentation on the week’s topic and Q&A. This may also come within the practice.
Initial awareness and warm-up exercises
Simple exercises of awareness and warming up that activate the beneficial subtle energies of both the psyche and the consciousness. These exercises also “warm up” and moderately stretch the muscles, increasing flexibility and gently preparing the body to perform the various yoga poses.
Practice of asanas (yoga postures)
The practice can include asanas, pranayama (taught later in the course), meditation, and other techniques related to the week’s topic. Learn to perceive the specific resonance processes that the practice of each asana triggers, also in the awareness stage for observing the effects that can lead to an expansion of the consciousness and further amplifying of the effects.
The yogic relaxation
The entire physical body is led gradually into a state of deep relaxation, after which you will feel perfectly balanced, relaxed and regenerated.
Some classes may include a short meditation with a music background
Specific meditations with music allow a perception of a specific state or quality, such as the state of humbleness, love, lucidity etc.