Dear treasured student,
Aspiration is a fundamental quality on the spiritual path. And while many of us begin our journey full of aspiration and enthusiasm, both can be dampened by the inevitability of spiritual tests and challenges. And, due to the very nature of the spiritual path, aspiration can come in waves. And while it is a constant necessity, sometimes we wish we had a little more.
To celebrate this wonderful quality and engine of transformation, and to bring aspiration back into awareness for the summer, Tara is offering a free place at this year’s summer camp*, June-July 2022, to one student who can demonstrate meaningful aspiration on the spiritual path. We are asking students to submit their entry based on one of the following:
- Something that illustrates the importance of aspiration for you on the spiritual path
- Something that demonstrates your aspiration on the spiritual path
- Something that illustrates the importance of spiritual community and fraternity for you on the spiritual path
The submission can be in any format you choose; a letter, a video, a poem or whatever creative endeavour you come up with. The entries will be judged by a panel of Tara teachers, and based on who they believe demonstrated the most aspiration, desire to be part of a spiritual community and general enthusiasm for the spiritual path.
The competition is open to all Tara members only, including those who have already signed up to join the retreat. And while it would be wonderful if the prize goes to someone who really needs it, the focus of this task is not only the prize!
This task is also a very good opportunity to look at your aspiration on the path – both the highs, the lows, the great things that you have experienced. And also a moment to take stock and see where you aspiration is right now.
From this perspective, this exercise of self-reflection is truly worthwhile, even if you do not need the prize or cannot anyway come to the retreat.
- Entries accepted from 16th May – 5th June
- Please send entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winner will be announced on 6th June
- One entry per student
- You are free to choose the format of your entry – article, video, testimony, poem, etc. However, if it is something complex please check with email@example.com before completing it to be sure it can be accepted.
* The prize is for a free camping place. If you wish to upgrade to house accommodation you can do so for just £100. All meals and retreat activities are included.
The are 2 forms of knowledge – knowing information about something and knowing where to find information about something.British Library, Euston, London