A man’s character is forged through his successful actions
In Sanskrit, Vira, means “man” or “hero” and it refers to one who has awakened the traits of a spiritual hero within his being, who no longer compromises on the path of his spiritual growth. Each man has this potential inside, but true heroes and exemplary role models are hard to find; masculinity is in crisis.
Life will always rise to test us and the Vira Group trains men to truly overcome these tests, to rise to meet fears and challenges in a conscious and courageous, yet loving way.
The purpose of the Vira Group is to work towards truly awakening your masculine soul; learning to remain centred, relaxed and loving in the face of ever greater intensity and
challenges in life (Shakti), to appreciate beauty, to live a more vivid and inspiring life, and make conscious life-choices which you can then follow through with all of your being.
The group will make use of Tantric methodology. Tantra emphasises the importance of the game of polarity – the interaction between the masculine and feminine energy. Much emphasis will be placed on understanding this polar interaction, or the game of these energies both within the being, and in the interaction with life. Engaging your energies – your emotions, thoughts and attitudes correctly – helps in developing as a man and in transforming quickly.
Through presentations, activities, exercises and yoga practises, many fundamental aspects of masculinity will be explored in the Vira group, such as:
- A man’s place and role in the modern world
- Willpower and how to amplify it
- The importance of consciousness and awareness for a man
- Amorous erotic continence (sometimes referred to as becoming “multi-orgasmic”)
- Polarising, or controlling energy and giving it direction
- The dynamics of couple relationships
- Balancing the material and spiritual aspects of life
- Understanding your higher purpose
Every 6 – 8 weeks the Vira group will meet with the counterpart Shakti group for a joint meeting.
These meetings are an opportunity to put all the attitudes and skills developed in the respective groups into practice, in order to experience the game of polarity tangibly. These meetings are not sexual in any way. They have an intimate, playful and romantic atmosphere.
Why join the Vira Group?
- Gain key insights from ancient Tantric texts and from men who have a great deal of experience in awakening their ‘Vira’ state
- Meet like-minded men who share similar aspirations and goals of transformation
- Inspire and support each other for even faster transformation
- Develop strong friendships and brotherhood
- Putting in practise what was learned in our joint meetings with the Shakti (women’s) group
- Hear from other men about their experiences and share your own in a safe environment
New courses open in October 2021
This course is part of the
Try Tara Pass
Gives unlimited access to all our courses for
4 consecutive weeks
You can buy this pass now, and start using it when our courses begin again in October. The pass will activate when you attend your first session.
N.B. These groups are only for students – including Try Tara Pass holders, who are currently attending one or more of our courses in Yoga, Tantra and/or Kashmir Shaivism.
Once a group is established, regular attendance will create a reliable atmosphere of support and brotherhood.