Happiness is an elusive concept – a state we all aspire towards, and a desire we want to fulfil. According to Yogic and Tantric wisdom, happiness is our essential nature. And a genuine and conscious search for happiness can lead us to the discovery of who we truly are!
Deepen your practice in our Tara Summer Retreat, and discover how Yoga and Tantra become beacons of light in finding deep fulfilment, true freedom and a sense of being fully ALIVE in our joy! By increasing awareness, we can find what truly brings happiness into our lives.
Looking at our fundamental needs, such as harmony, eroticism, purpose and spiritual evolution, this wonderful journey together will include yoga practice and meditations, talks and workshops, time in nature and deep social interaction – a time to explore your inner world as well as the beauty of life!
Join us on this adventure, and discover how the awakened luminosity of consciousness is your guide to happiness!
The Truth About Happiness
Waiting to be happy will be a process of endless waiting, however, the choice to be happy now, gives an endless happiness. This is the secret of being present with life.
Everybody wants happiness and no one wants a life of suffering. Yet the choice of living in a paradise or in hell does not belong to external factors. It is through our own choices that we make, that even in difficult external circumstances we can find happiness inside.
We often look on the outside to find sources of pleasure and joy and then we start to rely on them and even become dependent. This ultimately leads to a lot of unhealthy attachments and relationships. However, it is not possible for someone or something to truly make us long lastingly happy unless we make the choice to take The Path of Happiness itself.
We can try to rely on superficial fixes which may give us highs but also lows when the external source withdraws. Or we can go inside and seek the roots of happiness itself. If we decide to be happy beings, no matter what, that choice will take us to the source of happiness itself.
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise man grows it under his feet.
Happiness is a state of mind characterised by feeling content, satisfied and fulfilled. The Greek word for happiness is ‘Eudaimonia’ which means spiritual good and wellbeing. Philosophers believe that Eudaimonia is the highest human good and is not synonymous with happiness in the same way most people consider happiness to be, but governed by elements in our attitude and by the resonances that predominate in our being.
If we are constantly looking on the outside for sources of our happiness, we will ultimately be disappointed in finding the long-term happiness we all seek. But is the answer then, only to look inside. And the answer to this is also ‘no’ as we cannot look on the inside with the same attitude we have on the outside. The key is to look inside but also integrate the external elements.
A wise man once said, ‘Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you are, are in harmony.’ This implies that true happiness requires a more holistic viewpoint, integrating all the elements to find the completeness within.
What you can expect
In this retreat we will look at five fundamental areas of our life that contribute to our overall state of happiness and fulfilment which is integral for the awakening of our soul:
Why join the Summer Retreat?
The Summer Retreat is a wonderful opportunity for us to all to be together, learn and evolve together in a warm, friendly, nature filled ambiance.
Outside the big cities, in the nourishing green of Somerset, we can leave behind the stressors of daily life and offer ourselves a whole week of spiritual nourishment and soul awakening.
We have been holding our annual Summer Retreat for over 20 years, and each year it offers many revelations to those who participate. We will practice yoga together, meditate, eat, laugh, dance and participate in valuable workshops, seminars and experiences to quench our spiritual existence.
This years theme of Happiness is a subject that we all seek. In this retreat, we will aim to spiritually nourish our souls through a deeper understanding of what Happiness is and how we can get there, so that we can all be longlastingly happy profoundly in love with life itself.
Hear from our previous participants about their personal growth and spiritual insights while on the Summer Retreat below!
Testimonials from past Summer Retreats
The retreat made me get in touch, experience and feel part of the wonderful divine world we live in and sharing this time with so many beautiful souls made it even more special.
Organisers have done magnificent job, everything was thought through. They made magical week for us. Teachings were very insightful and profound. Together with evening programs were one of the best part, something that made impact on me beyond the retreat!
Loved it. Every moment. It broke down my walls and allowed me to grow in to the space created. It has changed my outlook on life and I am truly grateful for being part of this!
It was a wonderful retreat. I was deeply touched by its beauty – the care, generosity, openness, optimism, love, joy, wisdom …. shared by the teachers, team and participants. The week was truly Heaven on Earth. Thank you very much!
Beautiful retreat place and not too far from London. Best food ever, I could stay there forever! I’m blissfully happy! It was amazing. Thanks so much for everything.
What a heart-opening, mind-balancing, loving and awakening retreat it was. Beautiful people in beautiful place with same intentions to become free, open and loving beings. Thank you everyone for extraordinary experiences!
Watch the movie about the Summer Retreat 2023
Pictures from previous Summer Retreats
Meet the teachers
The event will take place at the beautiful Cannington Grange in Somerset. Available for our use is a hot tub, gym, pool, as well as the beautiful garden and countryside walks. Click here to see the venue in detail!
Accommodation and catering
– We aim to keep our retreat as cost friendly as possible, so accommodation is based on sharing rooms.
– 2-5 people in each room.
– Plenty of shared bathrooms.
– You can request room mates if you wish and we will do our best to accommodate.
– Please note that some beds may be on comfortable mattresses on the floor.
– Camping is available in the garden, with indoor shower and toilet facilities.
– Bring your own tent and camping equipment.
– Come early to choose your spot!
- Local Accommodation:
– For the full experience, we encourage you to stay with others at the retreat either inside or camping at the venue, but we understand if you wish to have your own accommodation.
Local pub – Blackmore Farm – Please contact email@example.com in advance if you would like to book this for special rates. It is a 10 minute drive or 30 minute walk.
You are also welcome to search for Airbnbs and other accommodation options available in the area.
– Please note: You will need your own car for transport to and from the retreat venue.
– Our delicious food will be totally vegan and refined sugar free, as well as being gluten free as much as possible.
– Teas and light snacks are available throughout the day.
– Please note we cannot cater for special diets but we will try to accommodate your needs as much as possible.
To the Retreat: Transportation options:
- Take a train or national express coach to Bridgwater. We will collect you from the station within the allocated hours of:
– Arrival at the train station between 4:30pm-6:30pm.
– Departure from the train station between 5pm – 7pm.
– If you wish to travel outside of those hours, please book a taxi.
- Driving directly to the location. Address: The Grange Cannington, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 2LD.
- Car share. We will create a telegram group for people to arrange car shares from London and en route. If you wish to be added to this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number.
What you can expect in the retreat
Please note. This schedule is only to be used as a guideline, it is not the finalised schedule. You will receive the schedule upon booking.
• 16.30 – 18.30 Arrival
• 18.00 – 19.00 Dinner
• 19.00 – 21.30 Introduction of the retreat and opening meditation
Tuesday – Saturday
• 07.30 – 08.30 Breakfast
• 08:30 – 09.00 Morning Meditation
• 09:00 – 11.00 Yoga Practice
• 11.00 – 12.00 Talk
• 12.00 – 15.00 Lunch Break
• 15.00 – 18.00 Workshop i.e. exploring the theme of the day through activities such as interactive exercises, games, sharing, connecting, even with outdoor activities if the weather is nice
• 18.00 – 20.30 Evening Break
• 20.30 – 22.30 Evening Program e.g. activities including connecting exercises, parties, ceremony, games
• 09.00 – 09.30 Meditation Practice
• 09:30 – 11.00 Morning Yoga Practice
• 11.30 – 13.00 Brunch
• 13.00 – 16.00 Ending Session