‘Die before you die and you shall become immortal.’Rumi
In all ancient spiritual traditions of our planet the role of Death has played a mysterious and vital role in striving for spiritual accomplishments and inner realisations.
Why are we so fascinated by this apparent end of our existence? What is concealed in this powerful and inevitable event following any process of becoming?
According to the initiates, the moment of dying is a mysterious initiation into the secret of life.
This crucial transition into the next world is in fact a very privileged opportunity to realise the natural source of our existence and the purpose of our life.
What you will learn:
- Spiritual perspectives of death in different cultures and traditions
- The existential importance of contemplating death
- Realising that which is ephemeral and that which is eternal
- Understanding the parts of the being that reincarnate
- The value of near-death experience, and what can be learned from them
- Rites of passage. That life is infused with the death of the old to welcome the new
- How we can help those who are dying
- How we can prepare for our own inevitable death
- Practising the art of dying – which is the art of living, in daily life
- Kaya Kalpa, a practice of meditation in darkness
- Meditations related to the topic
Meet your teacher
Death and Spirituality Podcast
If you would like to get a flavor of the Art of dying workshop, then have a listen to this podcast Foca recently did with Vivienne Rush. While it’s not a preview per se of the workshop, it will certainly give a flavour of whats to come: